I am so excited to tell you about my new stroller, the Hauck Malibu 12, but I am going to share the specs with you first.
The Success of the Hauck Malibu continues to grow with the 2012 model. New colors and new configurations that will allow customers to purchase the bassinet with the bassinet stand separately. (Universal infant car seat adaptor included).
As always the ever versatile Malibu offers exceptional quality and streamline design.
2012 Product Features
- Stroller with universal infant car seat adaptor
- Easy to fold
- Very light Aluminum frame
- Soft foam handle
- Easy to removable front bar
- Single foot brake break system
- 5 point safety harness with shoulder pads
- Front wheels swivel/lock
- Over size extendable canopy
- Hand washable fabric
- Outer material: 100% polyester; filling: 100% polyester fleece
- Weight 18 lbs
- Length of seat back & recline platform: Seat 7”, Back 18”, Reclining platform 33”
- Seat width: 13”
- Wheel diameter: front 7” / back 7.5”
- Front wheels swivel/lock (360°)
- Infinite seat recline, from position 163° to sitting position 115°
- Shock absorption
- 3 position adjustable footrest
- Large shopping basket
- Bassinet, and a bassinet stand sold separately
- Universal seat padsI was excited to have received the Violet Malibu 12. It is a really pretty color that is great for real usage, unlike some other colors that get dirty easily, this one is vibrant, hides dirt and is washable. This stroller came in only 8 pieces that were super easy to put together, only took 20 minutes from start to finish, with zero tools. My little girl was eager to jump in and test out this beauty, she sat in her new ride for nearly 30 minutes watching tv and playing with the straps, trying to buckle up and did not want to get out. What drew me to this stroller was the height on the handles, which is the perfect height for me standing 5'7'' and the soft foam handle makes it even better to use. I like the canopy on this stroller because it has a large coverage over my little girl allowing for a lot or a little shade for all types of weather and allows her to nap in it while in full reclining mode. I love taking my girls for walks, but where I live, most of the sidewalks are full of gravel or cracks, so until now, walking was not so easy to do. Now that I have the Malibu 12, I can breeze over the rocks and cracks and my little girl and I are not bumping around wildly, and no more having to stop and adjust the wheels. Folding this stroller up and storing it is super easy to do as well. The only adjustments I would make if I could would be a larger shopping basket and a least 1 parent drink holder. While the Malibu 12 has a pocket for storage in the hood, taking a walk to Starbucks to get a caffeine boost is out of the question. Lucky, I am dieting so having a water bottle in the pocket of the hood, with my keys and phone works great for me. Overall, If I were giving out star ratings, I would give this a 4.5 out of 5 stars, for the simple fact of no cup holders.See how pretty this color is? I took this while walking my girls tonight.I really like this shade, has 3 stages, this is the full out stage that locks down so little ones can't push it up. :)Here is the back of the hood, I am sharing this with you so you can see the pocket that can be used for storing keys, enclosed drinks, phones or other small things. It also has a flap that when the hood is up and not covering baby that it can cover a little window or be open so you can see your little one when walking.The basket isn't huge, but works. The front wheels are able to be locked into place or not, depending on what you are using the stroller for. I leave mine unlocked so I can turn my baby on a dime.This one step lock and unlock feature is great, no more fumbling around to use this feature.