Blog Features: • My First Blog Feature • I'm Crunchy Because I'm Lazy • Nobody Wants to play with turd girl •
Reviews: Classical Baby • Pediped Footwear • My Blankee • BEARPAW BOOTS • Step2 Push Around Taxi • Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Digital Sensor Pad Monitor • Silver Jeans Co. •
Recipes: Steak Soup • Chicken Chili • Sloppy Joes • Crock-Pot Chicken Fajitas • The Ultimate Hot Cocoa • Pumpkin Cake Balls • Homemade Pumpkin Play-Dough • Ashlye's Chicken Tortilla Soup • Super Easy Crock-Pot Chicken • Crock-Pot Cube Steak • Low Carb Decedent Chocolate Mousse • Broccoli Supreme Salad •
Giveaways I've Entered
Saturday, June 30, 2012
Hearing my little girls asking for snacks on a seemingly regular basis really just gets on my nerves. I feed my kids well balanced meals and even give them treats here and there. With the way they ask for snacks ALL day, it would seem as if I don't feed them at all. So, to put an end to this regular nagging, I have come up with a daily snack pack for each girl.
Today, My girls get a handy Apple Sauce squeeze pack they can open themselves, a single size cheese, 2 shortbread cookies and a pack of Mott's gummys.
The way the snack pack works is, the kids can eat their snacks whenever they want, all at once or throughout the day, they can not however have anything outside of this pack (except for meals), so when its gone, its gone.
What are your tips on keeping the nagging and whining down during the summer time?
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
I am 30 years old now, I can't believe that I am now at an age where people would say that I am an adult. I am going to make my 30's the best years of my life and it starts with being fully honest with myself about everything in my life. I am going to share with everyone a brief look into my TRUE life.
My life for the past 4 years has been rough, I was in a relationship with a man that I loved more than life itself. He was my prince charming and showed me what love could really feel like, a love where it truly felt that time was standing still and sex was beyond great. Unfortunately, those feelings didn't last long. I don't quite remember when the verbal abuse started but I do remember when he threw me to the bed so hard it bent the metal frame. He promised to never do that again and cried along with me about how sorry he was. About 6 months later he must have forgot his promise and threw me around again. As a mother of two with this "man" I wanted my life to work out so that my girls would have a house with both mother and father in it. That one and only reason is what kept my nightmare going for 4 years. I started my blog during these times and it was my only outlet, a release that allowed me to realize that I CAN do things, I CAN make things happen on my own without guidance or direction from another person. Oddly enough it is what gave me self esteem enough to finally get him out of my life. I am still struggling with how I could have let that happen to me and even more so how I can teach my girls to NOT let it happen to them. I will not stop learning about myself and how to be a better person, ever. I will never let another human put their hands on me in any form or fashion unless I say it's OK. I will NEVER compromise my feelings or thoughts for another man again and it feels amazing to be in MY SKIN again!
Sunday, June 3, 2012
I am so excited to tell you about my new stroller, the Hauck Malibu 12, but I am going to share the specs with you first.
The Success of the Hauck Malibu continues to grow with the 2012 model. New colors and new configurations that will allow customers to purchase the bassinet with the bassinet stand separately. (Universal infant car seat adaptor included).
As always the ever versatile Malibu offers exceptional quality and streamline design.
2012 Product Features
- Stroller with universal infant car seat adaptor
- Easy to fold
- Very light Aluminum frame
- Soft foam handle
- Easy to removable front bar
- Single foot brake break system
- 5 point safety harness with shoulder pads
- Front wheels swivel/lock
- Over size extendable canopy
- Hand washable fabric
- Outer material: 100% polyester; filling: 100% polyester fleece
- Weight 18 lbs
- Length of seat back & recline platform: Seat 7”, Back 18”, Reclining platform 33”
- Seat width: 13”
- Wheel diameter: front 7” / back 7.5”
- Front wheels swivel/lock (360°)
- Infinite seat recline, from position 163° to sitting position 115°
- Shock absorption
- 3 position adjustable footrest
- Large shopping basket
- Bassinet, and a bassinet stand sold separately
- Universal seat padsI was excited to have received the Violet Malibu 12. It is a really pretty color that is great for real usage, unlike some other colors that get dirty easily, this one is vibrant, hides dirt and is washable. This stroller came in only 8 pieces that were super easy to put together, only took 20 minutes from start to finish, with zero tools. My little girl was eager to jump in and test out this beauty, she sat in her new ride for nearly 30 minutes watching tv and playing with the straps, trying to buckle up and did not want to get out. What drew me to this stroller was the height on the handles, which is the perfect height for me standing 5'7'' and the soft foam handle makes it even better to use. I like the canopy on this stroller because it has a large coverage over my little girl allowing for a lot or a little shade for all types of weather and allows her to nap in it while in full reclining mode. I love taking my girls for walks, but where I live, most of the sidewalks are full of gravel or cracks, so until now, walking was not so easy to do. Now that I have the Malibu 12, I can breeze over the rocks and cracks and my little girl and I are not bumping around wildly, and no more having to stop and adjust the wheels. Folding this stroller up and storing it is super easy to do as well. The only adjustments I would make if I could would be a larger shopping basket and a least 1 parent drink holder. While the Malibu 12 has a pocket for storage in the hood, taking a walk to Starbucks to get a caffeine boost is out of the question. Lucky, I am dieting so having a water bottle in the pocket of the hood, with my keys and phone works great for me. Overall, If I were giving out star ratings, I would give this a 4.5 out of 5 stars, for the simple fact of no cup holders.See how pretty this color is? I took this while walking my girls tonight.I really like this shade, has 3 stages, this is the full out stage that locks down so little ones can't push it up. :)Here is the back of the hood, I am sharing this with you so you can see the pocket that can be used for storing keys, enclosed drinks, phones or other small things. It also has a flap that when the hood is up and not covering baby that it can cover a little window or be open so you can see your little one when walking.The basket isn't huge, but works. The front wheels are able to be locked into place or not, depending on what you are using the stroller for. I leave mine unlocked so I can turn my baby on a dime.This one step lock and unlock feature is great, no more fumbling around to use this feature.
Posted by Rebecca at Sunday, June 03, 2012